Animal Info - Glossary N
- Associated with an animal's birth.
- Referring to something swimming or floating in the water.
- Related to or dating from the latest period of the Stone Age,
characterized by polished stone implements.
- Active during nighttime.
- Some bats have a fleshy structure called
a " nose-leaf" surrounding the nose. These bats generally fly with their mouth closed and emit
through their nostrils. The nose-leaf is thought to act as a directional
amplifier of this ultrasound, which is used to avoid obstacles and locate
- Referring to something that is characteristic of or occurs during the
Home | Rarest Mammals |
Species Index | Species Groups Index
| Country Index | Links
Last modified: June 2, 2006;