Animal Info - Glossary O
- Oestrus cycle
- See estrus cycle.
- Referring to an animal that eats both plant and animal life.
- One of the categories of taxonomy by which animals are hierarchically classified. It ranks above
"family" and below "class".
- Chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticides, such as aldrin, dieldrin, or DDT).
- 1. The forest canopy layer above the shrubs, herbs and small trees
in a forest. 2. The upper level of vegetation in a two-level vegetation
system (see understory).
- Ovulation - induced
- Ovulation that is triggered by copulation.
Home | Rarest Mammals |
Species Index | Species Groups Index
| Country Index | Links
Last modified: March 19, 2006;